Friday, November 04, 2005

A New Store is Born

The Grand Opening for the DPPStore is set for January 1, 2006.

However, we put up the shell of the store site to begin experimenting with various settings and make sure that it is all ready to roll on the big day.

I was coming out of my skin with excitement to learn that we had people trying to purchase books as of day one!

We aren't linked to anything, there wasn't even any metadata...I guess they just want what we've got enough to find us even when we're still hiding under a rock.

For those intrepid explorers that stumble across us here and now....Welcome to the future of digital publishing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is looking great! Really user friendly. I am an ESL teacher living abroad, so I love digital books. Can't wait for 2006!
ET (English Teacher)

Catherine of DPP Store said...

Thank you for your feedback. Living abroad sounds exciting. How did you get into that field? Would you be interested in using ebooks in the classroom?
Full of questions I know...but looking forward to hearing from you again. If you have an email please submit it so that I can add you to our mailing list & send you special offers for member bonus points.

-Catherine